Thursday, December 16, 2010

Egg-cellent Find....

It's my 5 year old's job to gather the eggs from our chickens when he arrives home from school.  I honestly feel it's a great way to teach him a little bit of responsibility.  However, the problem with a 5 year old gathering eggs is he brings them in the house, puts them in the fridge and then I have eggs rolling around in the refrigerator door.
While my husband and I were visiting a thrift store, my husband stumbled upon an egg holder that fits perfectly in the door of our refrigerator. 

Problem solved!  No more eggs rolling around in the door and we can carry the entire egg holder to the counter when it's time to make breakfast.

This eggcellent find cost us a whole 35 cents!  Now that is one heck of a bargain, prevents broken eggs and it's the perfect storage solution!

I have yet to find a storage solution for our Quail eggs.  So for now they are sitting in a glass cup on a shelf in our refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...