Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Felt Food

A family at my son's school has run into some very difficult times due to medical issues and the PTO was holding a fundraiser to help them out.  I knew we couldn't donate any money...we pinch pennies around here and I have to budget for stuff like that...so when I found out there was going to be a silent auction at the fundraiser my wheels started turning.  I ran straight to my sewing room, grabbed my yards and yards and yards of felt and got to work. 

I made two large baskets filled with play felt food that could be auctioned off to assist this family in their time of need.  I've never heard how the auction turned out but in my heart I knew I was 'paying it forward' and that's all that really matters to me.  And the fact that some little one, somewhere, now has some fun play food that is non-toxic, can't be swallowed and can be tossed in the wash when it gets dirty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...