Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Banana Bread

One thing I really like to make in our house is banana bread.  It's not only super yummy but for some reason my little one has decided all he wants is bread and water.  If I can get some banana bread in him then at least he will be consuming some kind of fruit during the day.  :o)

This is what you need

My dry ingredients

My wet ingredients

My pan has been greased and floured...I want to be sure the bread doesn't stick!

She's in the oven and ready to go

Now the boys can have some banana bread for breakfast!

I'm not too sure where I got the recipe for my banana bread, I have been using it for many years and it turns out very moist and yummy.  You can add nuts but I use them sparingly in my baking...several years ago I developed a sensitivity to any type of nut so I never know when I'm going to have a reaction to them.  Between my husband and the boys, this isn't going to last very long, but that's okay, mommy has many more bananans!  Happy Baking!

Banana Bread
1 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
3 bananas (mushed)
3/4 C sugar
1/4 C oil
1/2 C nuts (optional)
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat your oven to 350.  Grease and flour your pan; set aside.  Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  In a separate bowl combine egg, bananas, sugar and oil.  Add wet mix to dry mix and stir just until moistened; you should have some lumps.  Pour into loaf pan or muffin tin and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then turn out onto a baking towel to cool completely.

*Note: I like to cool my breads and muffins on a baking towel to prevent the underside from drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...