Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beer Battered Fish

My husband and I found a recipe for beer battered fish...I sure wish I could remember where I found it so we could give credit.  :o(   This recipe is a little messy but the result is wonderful and definitely worth the work!

My ingredients are set out and ready to be measured...


The batter waiting to coat my fish pieces (we used Swai fillets cut into 3 pieces)...


Here are the little fishes being fried to a golden brown...


I sincerely apologize for not getting a photo of the finished product but I promise, it's a tasty dish and well worth the work and messy hands!

Beer Battered Fish
3-4 tbsp Bisquick; se aside
1 C Bisquick
1/2 C beer (any kind)
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
Oil for frying

Lightly coat fish in 3-4 tbsp Bisquick, set aside.  Mix remaining ingredients with hand mixer until smooth; add 1 tsp beer at a time until you have desired consistency (you want it a tad runny so the breading won't be too thick when the fish is fried).  Dip fish in batter; allow excess batter to drip into a bowl.  Fry fish in 350 degree oil until golden brown; about 2 minutes.  Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...