Sunday, March 27, 2011

Busy kind of day

Yesterday I didn't have a moment to spare when it came to updating my blog.  I was up at the crack of dawn...ok, so honestly, I didn't get to go to bed Friday night...to get things ready for my son't birthday party.  It's been a house full of sickness and I had a million things to get done before everyone started to arrive.  My son picked the menu for his party and then I added to it....so I had tons of food to make and snacks to prepare.  On top of all of that my son didn't want me to buy a cake, he wanted me to make him a Lego cake....Oh for the love of Heaven, make a cake on top of everything else...okay, can do.

Thankfully my dear friend Shell offered to come over early and help me get everything done.  She was a HUGE help and I never would have pulled it off if it had not been for her...Thank you Shell!!!!  We got the food prepared, the cake frosted....even though it ended up looking like a broken Lego...but hey, it was more than edible so I really couldn't complain.  Finally, everything was done and we had 30 minutes to spare...whew!

The guests arrived, lots of chitter chatter, kids running wild and having fun.  Everyone checked out all of the 'facelifts' through my home and had some good food.  I was so busy I didn't get much of an opportunity to take pictures.   :o(   The party started at 2pm and everyone left around 8:30 pm.  It was quite a long day but we had a great time and it was really nice spending it with our friends and family.

My nieces spent the night with us so my sister and her husband could have a night to themselves.  I loved having the girls here and the boys loved having other children to play with.  As for bed time, well, that was a bit of a struggle but finally they all fell asleep and mommy passed clean out...long couple of days!  I did wake many times in the middle of the night to check on the children...weird having other kids in the house besides my own.

Then early this morning my dear brother brought over his dishwasher for me.  He moved and no longer needed it so he graciously gave it to us...thank you from the bottom of my heart!  My dishwasher was quite old and so not attractive....it was that pretty gold 70's color.  Not to mention the dinosaur did not run like it should have so many days I was left washing everything by hand.  :o(   Finally the dishwasher was installed and we could get back to picking up the rest of the mess from the day before.  After everything was picked up and the dishes were finally done we headed outside to clean out the garage and the yard. 

My uncle kindly brought me a dumpster so we didn't have to rely on the trash collectors to haul everything away.  It only took a matter of hours and the dumpster was half full....I didn't realize the amount of junk we collect through the winter months.  Now the garage is almost clean, the yard is picked up and we can get to cleaning out the rest of the junk we have collected in our house.  That's going to be a bit of a chore, but that's okay, it will all be worth it in the end. 

So all in all it has not only been a busy week but a busy weekend.  I had a great time and all the running around and busy work was well worth it.  My little guy will be 4 tomorrow and we are going to have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...