Friday, March 25, 2011

Hallway redo...

I like my house but there are definitely things I would like to do to make it a little more attractive girly.  We work on a budget so many of the updates need to be done by us me, and well, I'm constantly working on borrowed time so they also have to be fast and somewhat kid-proof.
As I was skipping through blog world one day I stumbled upon Shanty-2-Chic and she had done an update on her hall that I knew would look great in mine....her hall is similar to mine.  When my husband got home I rushed him to the computer to show him what I had found and told him that I just HAD to do this because I knew it would look fab!  He readily kindly agreed to help me out.  Yeah for me!  :o)

This is the booooring hall I started with.


My husband decided since I was going to 'update' the hall he wanted more than just boards nailed to the wall.  On a trip to Hobby Lobby he discovered a wall stencil...I have never stenciled an entire wall so I was a little nervous but agreed to add the stencil.


An hour and a half later the bottom half of the wall was stenciled...not too bad for my first time!


We put the boards up, added all the knobs and my hall is complete.

I really like the way our hall turned out and the compliments have been amazing.  During my son's birthday party I had the women hang their purses in the hall so we wouldn't be tripping over them, it worked out perfect!

I'm linked to these fun parties...

Sew Chatty
Skip to my Lou
I'm Topsy Turvy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...