Saturday, March 12, 2011

Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks

My boys love cheese and they love dipping their foods...as most children do...so I decided to try my hand at making some mozzerella cheese sticks (why spend the money to buy them when I had everything at home).  This was quite the adventure being as I am not great about trying new things.  So I gathered all of the ingredients and started cooking.

I have to admit that I did cook some of them way too long and I wasn't sure how hot my oil was, couldn't find my temperature stick, so some of them were a bit messy and cheese was running out the sides.

My children were in Heaven and my oldest said, "Mommy, you make the best food ever and we didn't even have to spend any money to eat!"  (Out of the mouths of babes!)  All in all I'm pretty happy about how they turned out and I would definitely make them again.  Now that I know what I'm doing it will be a much smoother process next time around.

Mozzerella Cheese Sticks

1/4 C flour
1 C Italian bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 tbsp milk
String cheese or block cheese cut into strips
Oil for frying
Marinara for dipping
Whisk egg and milk together, set aside.  Dredge each piece of cheese in flour, then egg and then coat with breadcrumbs...I repeated the dipping process a couple of times to make sure there was enough breading.  Fry each cheese stick in preheated oil for about 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I might just have to try those!! YUMMY!! Thanks for your sweet comments! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog!! You are WAY to nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...