Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Knotting your thread

If this tutorial seems elementary to some, I'm sorry.  However, when I first started sewing I found it very difficult to make a good knot at the end of my thread.  Many, many years ago I found a way to put a knot at the end of my thread and now it rarely pulls through my fabric, even when working with thin fabrics.

I will do my best to explain this in detail, but if there is something you don't understand please don't hesitate to let me know.  Remember, no question is a dumb question.  Some of us are visual learners and others can learn just by reading something and then there are others that can only learn by being walked through a process.  For this tutorial I am going to use 6 strands of embroidery thread so it's easier to see.


I hope this has been somewhat helpful.  If this tutorial helps just one person learn an easier way to make a knot at the end of their thread then I have been successful.  Happy Sewing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...