Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Chicken Addiction!

If you have read my posts in the pasts, you would see that we converted an old play house into a chicken coop. My life plan was never to own a chicken, it just kind of happen. Then we got a few more and a few more and now I have this crazy chicken addiction! I think I have gone nuts, to say the least. I called a few places today to see if they had the chickens I wanted/needed, but they were sold out. I finally located a Tractor Supply across town that had just received a shipment so I rushed over and grabbed them all.

I brought the babies home and realized the containers that I had were not big enough told hold them so I grabbed some boxes and duct tape and got to work. I taped and taped and taped and now we have a make-shift home for them until we can move them outside to their other home. This weekend we are going to help a friend build his coop and then we will convert our shed...that holds a ton of JUNK...into a new home for our chickens. It's going to be like their very own condo, lucky chickens!

Here are the new babes...so cute and loveable!


Okay, so it's not exactly beautiful, it's not a castle and it's not perfect, but it will work for now.   :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...