Saturday, March 19, 2011

Self-rising Flour

In my quest to cut costs and make more items from scratch, I have been on the hunt for new recipes using items that I already have on hand.  However, some of the recipes I have found, that I really want to try, call for self-rising flour.  Now, keep in mind that until recently I wasn't much of a cook and my late Mother-in-law taught me much of what I know (which was a little over 8 years ago).  I would normally run to the store and buy everything I need, but with cutting costs also comes the limitation of buying things I won't use on a regular basis.  I did a quick search on the internet and found a recipe for self-rising flour.  Best part was the recipe is super simple and everything I need I already have in my cupboards...score!  I have used this self-rising recipe over and over and it has worked every single time, so I thought I would share.  You never know, there may be some other mom out there that is new to cutting costs and making more items from scratch and this could benefit her as much as it has benefited me!


Self-rising Flour (1 cup)
1 C all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

That's it folks.  The above recipe will yield 1 cup of self-rising flour.  Like I said, super simple and more than likely you have everything you need right in your kitchen.  Happy baking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...