Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring is upon us

The weather is changing, we can open our windows, the kids can play outside without the fear of freezing to death and it's almost time to start our seeds...can you say beyond excited!  One of the things I love most about the nice weather is the vegetable garden and the blooming flowers.  Last year we added a few things to the yard to make it a little more appealing.  We work on a budget so we do what we can with the few cents we have to spend.  We did, however, splurge on an arbor for our yard.  I wanted something that would 'wow' people as they came to our home and something that would be eye catching when I spent time outside with the kids. 
Our boooooring yard prior to installing the arbor.  See what I mean, I needing something beautiful in this boring space!

You can see the arbor laying there just begging to be set up.  I was chomping at the bits to get this beauty installed!

And here is what that area looked like after installing the arbor and planting our Hyacinth Beans.  We also planted Kiwi....hope we get a little more growth this year!

I can't believe the difference the arbor made in such a small space.  I love, love, love how it looks and we have had so many compliments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...