Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Placemats ($0)

Spring has sprung and we are supposed to be getting much better weather.  However, here in the great Midwest we are still getting snow!  I long for nice days, birds singing and going outside without having to wear my hat and gloves.  I'm ready for open windows, kids playing outside and pretty flowers starting to bloom.  Since Mother Nature has been less than cooperative I had to figure out some way to bring Spring to me, so I whipped up a few new placemats for my kitchen table....and because I have recently learned, through trial and error, that tablecloths and young children do NOT mix well.  The kids were fighting over a light saber the other day and my 4 year old's ice cream wound up on his chair...he pulled the tablecloth towards him and down came the bowl of ice cream.  Grrrr.

I am trying to make items for my home without spending a great deal of money, if any money at all.  So I went to my sewing room and dug through my yards and yards and yards of fabric until I found 2 pieces of fabric that I thought were not only 'Spring-like' but went well together.

My pretty new placemats

I didn't use a store-bought pattern, I simply traced and existing placemat and then added a seam allowance.  They are reversible, 100% cotton and completely washable.  I really like how they turned out and I don't think I did too bad for zero dollars!  Thanks for looking!

I have linked to these wonderful parties:


A Crafty Soiree


Transformation Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...