Monday, March 14, 2011

Tea pot mystery

This is really strange...
I love 2nd hand items and I really love pretty tea pots.  I found a floral tea pot a few years ago and snagged it up.  It was nice and small and would be perfect for making tea for the boys...yes, floral, afterall it's really for mommy!

Here is the strange part...

We have used this tea pot over and over for the past few years.  It has been hand washed and then put back in the living room with the matching cups (that are now hanging on my bedroom wall for my necklaces).  Every time we go to use it, I wash and dry it and then we use it for tea.

I washed the tea pot and handed it to my husband.  He was about to put the tea bags in the pot but then asked me for a pair of tweezers.  I gave him a funny look and then grabbed some tweezers.  He put them in the spout of the pot and then handed me a rolled up piece of paper.  I opened up the now wet piece of paper...remember, I had just washed the pot...and this is what I found...


Now I can't count the number of times we have used this pot and the number of times it has been washed, but this is the paper the minute I put it on my island...still wet.  It looks as though it has barely aged, the ink isn't smeared and the paper isn't torn.

I'm not sure why we finally found this piece of old paper with this specific Psalm, but I thought it was pretty interesting and I definitely wanted to share it with everyone.  We are going to frame this and hang it on the wall.  I think the kitchen would be best, after all, that's where we were when we found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...