Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Upcycled box

We have an issue in our house with the guys tossing their laundry in my hallway and just leaving it.  I have tried laundry bins in each room, didn't work.  I have tried telling them to toss it into the laundry room, didn't work.  It seems everything I have tried has failed so I was just kind of 'stuck' dealing with laundry piling up in my hall. 
A few weeks ago I was at the thrift store looking for a large picture frame when I found an old box that was, well, less than cute.  However, being the crafty mommy that I am, I saw the beauty in this item.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it, I just knew I had to have it...I went back to look at it many times before deciding to buy it.  $4.97 later I had this very unattractive box sitting in my van.

You can see all the grime...yes, that is old wallpaper all over the box!



I had to pull out the big guns to remove this wallpaper....it was one heck of a chore!


All the wallpaper has been removed and it's been wiped down.



One coat of primer...I was going to spray paint it but that was taking way too long and too much paint.



I painted her white and hand-painted the fleurs on the top and the front.


I think this turned out to be a beautiful piece and I have received so many compliments on her!  And believe it or not, the guys use this, religiously, to put their dirty clothes in.  My big problem with dirty laundry gathering in my hallway was solved by spending a whole $4.97 on a box I had no idea what I was going to do with.

I'm linked to these parties:
Sisters of the Wild West
Under the Table
Sew Chatty
Not JUST A Housewife

5 comments:

  1. You made a miracle happen with that box in looks and to solve your laundry problem! Good Job and thanks for linking it up at Sister Sunday
    Amy
    www.SistersoftheWildWest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! It turned out really nice--and best of all, it works! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, for the compliments. I really like how it turned out and I really love the fact that everyone is using it for their laundry and making my job so much easier! Mommy miracles rock! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a difference...I LOVE fleur de lis!!!...come visit my blog and enter my giveaway...ends tonight and I know you will love it!!...Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super-Duper site! I am loving it!! Will come back again – taking your RSS feeds also, Thanks.

    nolvadex

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...