Friday, April 1, 2011

Baking Challenge...

With the price of food rising and the fact that I'm trying to cut our monthly expenses even more, I have decided to give myself a 30 day baking challenge.  For the next 30 days I am going to attempt to bake something different every single day.  I don't have a set schedule of items I would like to bake and a lot of what I bake will depend on what we have in the house.  If I can learn to bake bread and make pastries, that will eliminate the need to buy many of these items at the grocery store.

As I go through this baking challenge I will post the recipes I use, where I have found them, whether or not they worked for me and what my family thinks of them.  I may need to change up the recipes a bit, depending upon what I have in the house.

The goal of this baking challenge is to return to a more simple way of living, learn to manage my time more efficiently and bake some of the items that moms would have baked long ago.  I know, for a fact, that my ancestors had very little money and could not afford some of the items these recipes call for; bread flour, special cheeses and unique ingredients, so I will substitute what I can to make these recipes work.

If you see a recipe you like and decide to give it a try, I ask that you please link back to me so others will know where you found the recipe.  If you use any of my pictures, again please link back to me.  If you change anything up because it seemed to be much easier, please let me know and maybe I can change up the recipe I have.

With all of that being said, here's to baking and learning to do things 'the old fashioned way.'  Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...