Monday, April 4, 2011

Challenge #4: Pizza Dough

We made and easy dinner tonight, pizza dough.  Every few months we make our own pizzas and have a movie night.  We didn't have movie night tonight because it was a school night but I needed to make something for my 4th challenge so my husband asked me to make pizza dough; we usually use tortillas and have individual pizzas, but this was a challenge so we decided to give it a try.

Dough
3 C flour
1 pkg yeast
1 C warm water; about 105 degrees
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt

Allow yeast to dissolve in warm water.  Add sugar, salt and about 1 C of flour; mix until smooth.  Add more flour until a dough begins to form.  Once dough starts to form turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface; work in remaining dough.  Knead for about 5-8 minutes.  Cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place, free of drafts, until doubled in size; about 30 minutes.  Once dough has risen, punch down, knead for about 1 minute and then spread onto baking sheet.  Makes 1 large pizza.

I gathered all of my ingredients

Added my yeast to my water to allow it to dissolve; this time I just used a packet rather than measuring out the yeast.

My dough is made and ready for the rise

I have greased and floured my baking pan

Dough is spread out and ready for the toppings

My husband agreed to make the pizza while I took the pictures.  Pizza sauce, check.

Cheese and a few toppings, check.

The boys' side of the pizza; ham, cheese and pineapple...mommy does NOT do pineapple on pizza!  Mommy and daddy side; onion, ham and pepperoni.

Pizza is ready for baking

I didn't realize until the pizza was almost gone that my husband hadn't taken a picture of the finished pizza so unfortunately this is all we had left when I quickly grabbed the camera.

Next time we will make a few changes.  The dough didn't exactly bake all the way so we decided on our next attempt we will bake the dough for a bit and then add the toppings.  The boys loved it so I guess it was a big hit!  Thanks for looking and Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...