Friday, April 22, 2011

Cupcakes & Peanut Butter Frosting

Today I had a house full of children and a friend over to provide me some sanity while chasing the children to and fro.  We were a bit bored so we decided to make some cupcakes with a little surprise in the middle.
We mixed up the batter, filled each cupcake paper with enough batter to fill the bottom of the cupcake paper and then dropped a Hershey's Kiss in the center.

We then filled the cupcake papers with more batter and baked them according to the directions on the box.
While they were cooling I realized I didn't have any canned frosting so I whipped up some peanut butter frosting.  They looked very yummy but needed a little 'something' on top to finish them off.  Since we had put a Hershey's Kiss in the middle we decided to put a Hershey's Kiss on top.

These cupcakes were oh so yummy and the children loved them!  They were even more excited once they found the Hershey's Kiss in the middle.  Since these were a HUGE hit with the kids I think I will make them for my son's birthday party.  We will still have a cake but I will have these on the side as an added treat.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...