Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our Zoo Trip

For some time now we have really wanted to take the kids to the zoo but we just couldn't see spending the money on a zoo pass when we knew, with my husband's work schedule, we wouldn't be able to utilize it much.  My husband's work schedule has changed for the better, he has 4 days off each week and we are always looking for something fun and educational to do with the kids, we knew a zoo pass was definitely in order!  After baking my ham and cheese bread we loaded up a few bottles of water and headed off to the zoo.  And as you will see, my children are dressed identical; this is a safety issue for mommy.  My boys are runners and when they run they go in opposite directions.  If one wanders off then it's going to be much easier to locate him when they know he is dressed just like his brother.  :o)

My 4 year old was by no means excited to get his picture taken, he hates the camera.

When we saw this statue of the giraffe my little one actually got excited so I knew I had to get a picture.


I know you have all seen zoo animals before, but I just had to include these pictures because they were taken by my 5 year old.  Good picture taking don't you think! 



A few more shots of my little guys...


It was a beautiful day to be at the zoo, however, my little one only lasted about 2 hours.  We were able to stretch it out to 2.5 hours and then he had just had enough.  As we were leaving the zoo we saw this huge marble statue of the world.  It was strategically placed on a bed of water so children could actually get up there and make the 'world' move with their hands.  Both of the boys thought that was pretty cool.



All in all it turned out to be a great day, the boys had fun and it definitely wore them out.  I'm really glad we took them and it is going to be a must do during the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...