Thursday, May 12, 2011

Early morning ER visit

Last night my 5 year old came to the family room telling me that his ear was hurting and he needed some ear drops.  I figured it was a ploy to keep from going to bed...then again he did have an ear ache last week...so I put some drops in his ears and sent him back to bed.  About an hour later he came back to the family room telling me his ear was still hurting so I gave him some Ibuprofen and told him to go back to bed...again I figured he was wanting to stay up late so I brushed it off. 
Well in the middle of the night he came to my room crying and asked to lay down with me....okay, fine, whatever, just go to sleep (that's what was running through my head)...It was the middle of the night and I didn't have my sense about me.  After about 20 minutes he was kicking, crying, holding his ear and just in a ton of pain.  I woke my husband and told him I was taking our son to the ER because it just wasn't right.  We got out of bed, threw on some clothes and off to the ER we went....by this time it was about 1:30 in the morning....uuuuugh!
They checked him out and guess what, an ear infection....I felt horrible at this point!  I had ignored the whole thing and thought he was jacking around....man did I feel like a jerk!  They put numbing drops in his ears, gave him an antibiotic and a script to get filled when Walgreens opened up.  We got home and his ear was hurting again.  It had only been about 30 minutes and the numbing drops were not working and he was in so much pain he began throwing up....now I really felt horrible for him.  I ran to Walmart, at 4 am, to get some children's Tylenol....I found out our Ibuprofen was expired.  Finally about 30 minutes after giving him the Tylenol he drifted off to sleep....and it was now 4:55am.  Up at 8 and the pain started all over again.  This was not a great night and my little guy was in so much pain.  He is finally able to cope with the pain and is feel much better.  Poor little man, I hope he feels better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...