Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cinnamon French Toast

My goal this morning was to get the boys to eat something other than cereal...even if it is Cheerios.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind them eating cereal, but every single day is getting booooring for me.  I know, I know, it's not about me.  Well, it kind of is.  Every morning they wake and ask for Cheerios with strawberries on top.  Okay, cool, no prob.  However, 45 minutes later they are complaining that they are hungry and want some lunch.  Yes, they are growing boys and will eat a lot, but I think they need more than just cereal to keep their bellies full for more than 45 minutes. 
This morning they asked for breakfast and I asked them to give me 5 seconds...a little phrase I use with them all the time, even when I mean 20 minutes.  I grabbed everything I needed and got to work.  Finally, I would get to use up some of the eggs we have been collecting from our girls.  Being as it's a little too hot for baking we have had a plethora of eggs to use up.  I added a few finishing touches and called them for their morning meal.
Ta dah!  Cinnamon French Toast topped with Reddi Wip and drizzled with chocolate syrup!  When they came to the table theirs mouths dropped open and the only words they could muster were, "WHOA!!!  This is the best breakfast ever!"  Judging from that statement one would think I feed my children from the garbage can.  However, they do get meals like this when daddy is home from work because I'm not cooking for me and 2 picky eaters.  They devoured their meal and then took off running to go play.  Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...