Saturday, June 18, 2011

My color of choice...

Years ago my mother-in-law found out she was sick again and probably didn't have long to live.  She gave me a Breast Cancer pin that was given to her the first time she went through Chemo.  She said to me, "I want you to have this pin because it means the world to me.  But you have to make me a promise.  You have to promise that any time you dress up you will wear this pin."  I made a vow to her that I would wear the pin and wear it with honor.  I was very touched by this gesture and for many years this pin has meant the world to me.  I have always supported Breast Cancer and prayed for those that have been stricken with any form of cancer. 

Not long ago we found out that my favorite aunt was stricken with Breast Cancer.  I was crushed, mortified and I shed many tears for her.  Tears of anger, fear, frustration and worry.  I made my aunt a promise.  I promised to call and get my first mammogram scheduled immediately.  Oddly enough my very first mammogram took place the day my aunt had her first chemo treatment...this was a difficult day for both of us, to say the least.

Since that day I made a vow.  I vowed to wear pink every single day; nail polish, a ribbon, a hair bow, a shirt, a bra, shorts, anything pink would be on my person one way or another.  I shall wear pink daily until my aunt goes into remission.  This is my way of showing my support for my aunt and for others that have had to deal with Breast Cancer in one way, shape or form.  My aunt is doing well, continues with her treatments and I think of her daily.  She is many miles away so unfortunately I cannot be with her, but I am with her in spirit, in thought and in love.  She will fight this and will beat this horrible disease!

I spoke to my husband and told him I wanted a plant in my yard that would bear pink petals.  I didn't care what kind of plant, just any plant, but it MUST be pink!  We searched high and low for a pretty plant that would come back again and again, but have yet to find one.  We have only found Annuals...and I don't want to have to start from scratch every year.  So, sadly, I have yet to buy a pink plant in honor of my aunt.

This morning I looked out my window at the flowers I planted a few years ago...they were supposed to be yellow...they had bloomed and to my surprise, they are PINK!  I have prayed to find a plant, I have yearned to find something, anything pink for my yard.  God must have heard my prayers and answered them.  Faith is everywhere.  Ask and you shall receive!

Aunt Marge, these are for you. 
With enough faith, support and love you will beat this horrible disease.
I love you with all my heart!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...