Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I have missed you!

For those of you that follow my blog or stop by now and then to see what has taken place in my life, what recipes I have tried, crafts I have come up with or coupon deals I have come across, I would like to apologize for not posting in a while or more importantly, on a regular basis.  My intentions were to do at least one post a day and on some days, many more.  However, reality hit and I realized that I still have a family, life gets busy and things don't always happen the way we would like.

We now have 2 new puppies (which is like having 2 infants and causing a lack of sleep), our kids are getting bigger and with the summer months here they are wanting to spend more of their days outside playing in the water or riding their bikes.  At the ages of 4 and 6, they can't possibly be outside alone...way too many weirdos in the world...and if I spend my days on the computer looking for deals, finding coupons or posting about my 'want-to-be exciting life' then I am missing out on the most important thing in life, MY CHILDREN!  No amount of coupons, deals, crafts, remodeling, gardening or blogging can replace those moments.  Nothing in this world can replace lost moments or memories I make with my children.  So it is, with a happy heart, that I have chosen to spend my days with my babies and rest easy at night knowing we had a good day.

We have some big projects planned for our yard and home and the great thing about these plans are we can teach the boys how to be a little more independent, answer the 'why' of what we are doing and most importantly make some wonderful memories with them.  In a few years they will be able to look back and remember us remodeling as a family and laugh about the mistakes we made or the many trips to the hardware store to pick up forgotten supplies.  I'm very excited about our upcoming plans.  I will try to remember to take photos as we move along but please remember, my children are what is important and many of the photos may be of them because to me, those are the photos that mean the most.

With all of this being said, it is time to get the children motivated and head to the great outdoors.  We will have a fun relaxing day, a day full of no plans at all.  We shall enjoy taking care of our gardens, enjoying the sunshine and having lunch outside under the tree.  If you are a parent or have a significant other, please, shut off your computer and go spend time with the one you love.  You can hop on here later and search the internet, facebook or look for coupons.  It's a beautiful day, a great day for making memories and enjoying the time you have with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...