Friday, July 8, 2011

Mini Peach Pies

Due to all of the hot weather and spending time outside with the kids, I have put baking on the back burner...no need to make it as hot inside as it is outside.  The other day I had the urge to bake something, anything!  I remembered I had some pre-made pie crusts in the fridge and a can of peach pie filling in the pantry.  I gathered my pie crusts and peach pie filling and got to work.  These were quick and easy to make!

I unrolled the pie crusts, took a round cookie cutter and cut out circles.  Then I put a spoonful of pie filling in the middle, layed a circle on top of the bottom layer, used a fork to crimp the edges, cut slits in the top and then sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top. 

I baked them at 400 for 19 minutes and ta da, mini peach pies.  The guys loved them and they were absolutely perfect for little hands!  Sorry there are only 3 left but the guys dug in before I could grab the camera.   :o)
Next time you see a sale for pre-made pie crusts or have time to whip up some dough from scratch, I highly recommend you make these pies, they were very delicious!  You could use any filling of your choice, I had peach so that's what I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...