Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fresh Apples

A friend of my husband's has an apple tree in his yard and doesn't really care to use the apples so he invited our family over to pick some apples to take home. 

As a token of my appreciation, for inviting us into their home, I made a goody basket for the hostess.  She was so amazed at the delicious food I brought for her that she took a picture and called her mother in Bosnia to tell her about her fresh vegetable basket...I thought that was cute.

When we arrived we were amazed at the tons and tons of apples on the tree.

Here is my dear hubby picking the higher apples that the kids and I could not reach...we were waiting for his friend to bring over the ladder.

After playing with the kids and talking with friends we had a tub full of apples. 
Some of them aren't so pretty and some of them are just down right rotten, but the kids were having so much fun I felt guilty taking out the bad apples so I left them in there so I could take the picture.  We had a lot of fun picking the apples and the hostess graciously made us lunch and yummy chocolate brownies for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...