Thursday, August 25, 2011

Living Room Update

A few weeks ago we stumbled upon a new show on A&E called: Sell This House.  It's about people who are having a difficult time selling their home so a crew comes to their home, shows them hidden video of prospective buyers making comments about their home and then the crew helps them update their home to get it sold.  I love this show because it gives you so many ideas for making updates to your home for very little money....my kind of show!

After watching a few episodes I realized how boring and out of date my living room was.  Okay, so I knew this all along but I didn't know what to do with it.  I found some caramel colored craft paint in my sewing room and ran upstairs to see how it would look on the wall.  This part made me realize never to do a test color on your wall when your children are around.  My little 'Picasso' found a paintbrush I forgot to put away and decided to test the paint himself!

Well, no turning back now, I have to fix this mess and fast!  I ran to Menard's, picked out a brown/tan paint that I liked and home I went to get to work.

This is how my living room wall looked prior to painting...it's blah and boring!!!



The painting ended up turning into a family affair...yep, the kids wanted to paint too.  What's the worst that could happen.  :o)  This is how the wall looks now...and I'm loving it!


I haven't gotten my living room completely decorated how I would like, but the wall is painted and the furniture has been returned to it's original location...now to find some wall decor.  Hmmm...any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...