Friday, August 26, 2011

New/Old Table, Chair & Bench

While at the thrift store a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a table, 3 chairs and a bench.  They were in descent condition and just needed a little TLC.  I immediately sent a picture to my husband and asked him if he would be upset that I brought even more furniture home.  He told me to go for it...he knew I had been hunting for a set such as this and it was white...my favorite!  $40 later I'm leaving the store with a whole new set of furniture for my yard!  :o)

As you can see the table and chairs need to be cleaned up.

And the bench, well, just look at it.  Enough said!  :o)

I dug through all of the material I have in my sewing room...and there is a TON...and found some beautiful fabric!  Recovered the chairs and they look brand spanking new!  No painting required I might add.

I also had a rectangular table sitting in my yard under my tree and it worked better on my porch than the round one.  Used the left over chair fabric and some lace-type material for the tablecloth.  I now have a cute little area on my porch for enjoying my morning coffee.

As for the bench that REALLY needed a new cushion.  My husband found some cushions at Menard's that were on sale for $20 each...ouch!  I would have NEVER in a million years paid that price but I had to let him in on the decorating so he didn't feel 'jilted.'  I have to admit it does look nice and kind of ties in with the table set on  my porch.  I also think it makes the bench look so much more appealing.
I know, it's sitting on bricks but the legs kept sinking into the ground and we couldn't sit on it.  I will have to find a way to rectify that situation...I don't like how it looks.  :o(

All in all I am impressed with my find.  The 5 piece set, recovering the chairs and new cushions for the bench came to a grand total of $80.  A little pricey for my taste but hey, you have to give in some times...right?

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...