Friday, September 2, 2011

Vintage Cabinet

In my kitchen there is never enough work space when the DH and I are both cooking.  To rectify this situation I placed an old microwave cart between the stove and the fridge.  I now have more work space and it's the perfect height when I'm making bread, cookies or preparing lunch.  However, it's not the most sturdy thing in the world and anything you put on the bottom is right there, in the open, for the world to see...which means it can't be filled with clutter.  I love the thought of having an island but don't care for the look of the microwave cart so I have been on the hunt for an old cabinet to put in it's place.

My husband was not working today and we had a few hours to sparte before we had to pick our oldest up from school so we decided to head on over to Joe's Antiques & Collectibles...our favorite antiquing store...and take a look around.  No reason really, we just like going there now and again...but we try to avoid it because we always end up buying something we either don't need or don't have room for.

The minute we rounded the corner I saw a cabinet.  It was THE cabinet I had been looking for.  I fell in love...this was the one, this was IT and I HAD to have it!  I snapped a picture of it so I could show it to Joe and find out what he was asking for this beauty....it was outside of his shop.

We looked around a bit and then I finally got up the nerve to ask what he wanted for the cabinet...I was afraid to ask because I just KNEW it was going to be expensive and my hubby would tell me no.  So, here I go, asking for a price.  I was elated, thrilled, in ga-ga land because he only wanted $10!!!  Ten bucks, are you kidding, SOLD, SOLD, SOLD!!!!!  We paid for the cabinet, loaded it in the van and we were off to pick up our son.

And here she is, the cabinet of my dreams!

Yep, she's a bit worn and needs a good cleaning, but this is going to look perfect in my kitchen and the best part is it has lots of storage for anything and everything I could imagine.  It also has a drawer which will be perfect for so many things!

We have her home and I will definitely find a few minutes to spend with her, get her cleaned up and painted.  I'm so happy I could cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...